R. Douglas Myers, R.A.
Senior Project Consultant
Doug has nearly 30 years of experience in project management and architecture, including project creation; programming and planning; development and review of schematic, design development and construction documents; value engineering and constructability review; construction management; owner occupancy; and project close-out. Having served as owner, project architect and construction manager gives him the knowledge and experience to understand the specific needs of key parties on each project to provide successful leadership.
Doug also has extensive experience in higher education design and construction. Prior to joining PMC, he was the director of Planning, Design and Construction at Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C). His experience includes working at the University Architect’s Office at Cleveland State University and at several local, national and international architecture firms prior to his nine-year tenure at Tri-C.
- As Director of Project Management at Tri-C, Doug was responsible for overseeing the program management team, construction managers, architects, commissioning agents and testing agents as well as the management of fixtures, furnishings and equipment (FF&E), owner occupancy, prevailing wages and major project and legal issues. Doug led the program management team during bidding/award and construction of Tri-C’s phase one master plan execution.
- Doug has designed or managed projects totaling more than $300 million under various delivery methods, including general contracting, multiple-prime, construction management (agency) and construction management-at-risk (CMR). Project types varied from minor renovations and deferred maintenance projects to campus master plans and new buildings. While at Tri-C, Doug managed the college’s first CMR and LEED-certified projects.
Relevant Project Experience (previous organizations)
Cuyahoga Community College – As Director and/or Project Manager:
- Advanced Technology Training Center, Cleveland, Ohio
- Brunswick University Center, Brunswick, Ohio
- Center for Creative Arts, Metro Campus, Cleveland, Ohio
- District Parking Garage, Cleveland, Ohio
- Health Careers and Technology Building, Highland Hills, Ohio
- Health Technologies Center, Western Campus, Parma, Ohio
- Hospitality Management Center, Cleveland, Ohio
- Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Humanities Center, Highland Hills, Ohio
- Metro Campus Plaza Renovations, Cleveland, Ohio
- Metro Campus Recreation and Wellness Center, Cleveland, Ohio
- Metro Health Campus Demolition and Remediation, Highland Hills, Ohio
- Public Safety Training Center, Western Campus, Parma, Ohio
- Student Services Center and Natatorium Addition, Highland Hills, Ohio
- Western Campus Phased Roof Replacement, Parma, Ohio
- Western Campus Soil Remediation, Parma, Ohio
- Westshore Campus Phase I, Westlake, Ohio
- Westshore Wetland Remediation and Stream Improvements, Westlake, Ohio
- College-Wide House Bill 7 Energy Efficiency Improvements, Multiple Locations, Ohio
- College-Wide Parking Improvements, Multiple Locations, Ohio
- College-Wide Fire Alarm System Upgrade, Multiple Locations, Ohio
Cleveland State University – As Staff Architect/Project Manager:
- College of Education Building (Design Phase), Cleveland, Ohio
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law Addition, Cleveland, Ohio
- Recreation Center, Cleveland, Ohio
- Main Classroom Lecture Hall Renovation, Cleveland, Ohio
- Multiple office and classroom renovation projects
As Project Architect:
- Western Campus Technical Learning Center, Cuyahoga Community College, Parma, Ohio
- Warrensville High School Gymnasium, Natatorium and Science Classroom Addition, Warrensville, Ohio
- John West Shore Hospital Heart Center, Westlake, Ohio
- NCB Project Services Center, Strongsville Ohio
- Intermodal Transit Terminal, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
- Multiple amusement park rides and other attractions for Six Flags, Geauga, Ohio
- Multiple medical renovations including Hydro Therapy, Oncology, Pharmacy, Adult Outpatient Psychiatry, Skilled Nursing
Doug has given presentations on many topics, including BIM, Project Close-Out, Managing Chaos and CMR Selection.
- Project Leadership Award, Construction Owners Association of America, 2012
- Cuyahoga Community College’s first GMP project
- Cuyahoga Community College’s first LEED Gold project