Robyn Minter Smyers
Robyn Minter Smyers has extensive experience with real estate, development and construction projects. Robyn advises real estate investment trusts (REITs), real estate investment funds, public and private real estate development companies, governmental agencies and nonprofit organizations on complex projects, including ground-up development deals. Her practice has a particular focus on mixed-use developments, urban redevelopment projects, manufacturing projects, hospitality deals and public-private-partnership (P3) transactions. She also counsels clients on community benefits agreements, inclusion strategies relating to minority, women and small business enterprises and real estate portfolio management.
Robyn is a frequent lecturer on real estate and development topics, diversity and inclusion strategies and women’s leadership. She is a member of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers and the International Council of Shopping Centers and active in civic affairs.
- Negotiating a hotel management agreement for convention center hotel.
- Advising a nonprofit developer on real estate and utilities matters in connection with the redevelopment of Cleveland’s Public Square.
- Representing a municipality in connection with a mixed use development district, including the negotiation of a purchase and development and use agreement with a private developer.
- Advising a municipality in connection with the development of a community recreation center, including drafting of zoning ordinance revisions.
- Representing an NYSE-listed real estate company in the ground-up development of a community shopping center, including negotiating site development agreements with multiple national retailers and drafting development agreements with a municipality regarding tax increment financing.
- YWCA Great Cleveland Woman of Achievement Award, 2016
- Listed in "The Power 100 - Northeast Ohio's Most Influential CEOs, Politicians & Civic Leaders," Community Leader magazine
- Del de Windt Leadership Award for Civic Engagement, The First Tee of Cleveland, December 2015
- Selected for Crain's Cleveland Business "Women of Note," 2015
- Selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Real Estate, Ohio, 2016
- Inside Business "2014 Power 100 List," the 100 individuals who most influence Northeast Ohio's economy
- Selected for Crain’s Cleveland Business “Who to Watch in Law,” 2014
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 2013 to 2017
- Listed in Legal 500 in Real Estate, 2014 and 2015
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine, 2013, 2016-2017
- National Diversity Council, Ohio Leadership Excellence Award Winner, 2013
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star Honoree, 2007 and 2009
- YWCA Greater Cleveland Woman of Professional Excellence Award, 2006
- Kaleidoscope Magazine 40/40 Club member, Class of 2003