Steven L. Thompson, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP
Steve, a Registered Architect, has more than 35 years’ experience in architectural and engineering projects. He primarily focuses on providing construction administration services and managing professional services during construction. His experience encompasses a wide range of building types and project delivery methods.
Steve has provided construction administration and management services for a variety of major league and collegiate sports facilities across the country, notably arenas for the Phoenix Suns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Buffalo Sabres, Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, University of Central Florida and University of Illinois. He also has overseen projects involving medical, convention, corporate, educational and government facilities.
In addition, Steve has served as design coordinator on designer-led design/build projects, working closely with the design and construction teams to achieve turn-key project delivery from early design to completion. He also has provided “problem project recovery” services in connection with several projects across the country, including the Memphis Cook Convention and Performing Arts Center, Festival Bay Mall (Orlando), University of Alabama’s Shelby Hall and the LAC/USC Medical Center Replacement Project (Los Angeles). His additional experience serving as architect and owner’s representative and in various other project roles including superintendent, project manager, quality control manager and construction manager has given him a unique and comprehensive understanding of the project delivery process.
Prior to joining PMC, Steve was a construction manager with AECOM. His background also includes project manager and other roles with construction, engineering and architectural firms across the country.
Relevant Project Experience (previous firms)
- The State Farm Center, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign
- University of Central Florida Convention Center, Orlando
- Pepsi Center, Denver, Colorado
- Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Gund Arena, Cleveland, Ohio
- Midland Marine Arena, Buffalo, New York
- LAC/USC Medical Center Replacement, Los Angeles, California
- Providence Medical Center Renovation and Expansion, Kansas City, Kansas
- Research Medical Center, Kansas City Missouri
- Children’s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri
- Truman Medical Center, Kansas City, Missouri
- Primary Care Clinic, General Leonard Wood Army Community Hospital, Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri
- College Park Family Care Center, Overland Park, Kansas
Convention/Performing Arts Facilities
- Memphis Cook Convention Center Expansion, Memphis
- Bartle Hall Meeting Room Expansion, Kansas City, Missouri
- The West Edge (mixed-use development), Kansas City, Missouri
- Plaza Steppes Office Building, Kansas City, Missouri
- ACE Upper Campus Auditorium Renovation, KCMO School District
- Shelby Hall Science Building, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa
- Battalion Headquarters, Fort Riley, Kansas
- NCARB Certified
- LEED Accredited Professional