Examples of Jamie’s experience include:
- Advised on major international transportation projects, including Tel Aviv’s Ben Gurion International Airport, and the finance, design, build and ownership of rail facilities in the Middle East
- Counseled on high-profile transportation projects in the United States, including New York City’ Grand Central Station and Miami International Airport
Social and Cultural Infrastructure
- Created a Project Finance Program designed to provide financing alternatives for social infrastructure projects, including hospitals and education facilities. The program supports host organizations as well as the architect, engineering and construction communities
- Led the procurement process for the design and construction of a military hospital in Istanbul, Turkey
- Counseled on construction projects, including New York’s Museum of Modern Art, Radio City Music Hall and Miami’s American Airlines Arena, as well as other major international facilities
- Represents owners in the development of sports stadia, including the representation of the New York Yankees for their stadium in the Bronx
Failure and Collapse Program
- Developed the Failure and Collapse Program to address major construction collapse; applied this program to the Schoharie Bridge collapse on the New York State Thruway, the John Hancock Building in Boston and the collapse of the 7 World Trade Center building in New York City
Building Envelope / Curtain Wall Program
- Inside Thompson Hine’s Curtain Wall Risk Management Program (CWRM), he addresses and assists in the management of the risks associated with the design, build and installation of major high-rise curtain wall systems; including resolving disputes arising out of these building envelopes
New York State Grandfathered Engineering and Architectural Practice
- Jamie has developed this regulatory practice during the last 25 years where he has acted as an intermediary and counsel for both buyers and sellers of these unique and limited New York State business corporations
- Selected to the New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- Selected to the New York Super Lawyers list, 2006-2009 and 2015-2017
- AV® Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Listed in The Legal 500 for Real Estate – Construction (including Construction Litigation)
- Construction Engineering Management Advisory Board, Russ College of Engineering and Technology, Ohio University
- Salvadori Center, Board Member
- Samuel Waxman Cancer Research Foundation, Board Member
- Jamie lectures on the topic of Avoiding Commoditization and the Competition within the Professional Services Industry throughout the country, addressing engineering, architectural, and law firms.
- He has also spoken at the Construction Law SuperConference.
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D.
- Ohio University, B.B.A.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York